THE POWER OF BLOG

My schedule for today is writing a paper to be presented at the Indonesian Herpetologist Seminar next month. Too bad … within minutes I got lost … so much data, got confused and … the SPSS decide to freeze ….!

So instead of working, I browse. Starting with reading Koki ( a community blog part of Kompas), moving to Wimar Witoelar blog, hopping to the Naked Traveller, then checking out on A. Fatih Syuhud blog and then decided to open google.

Actually, I started by googling some research papers … just to make amend of wasting my time in the internet. Somehow instead of putting amphibian or something like that I ended up putting one of my friend’s names back in old Townsville day. Lo and behold … I got his wife blog!

It’s sure nice to know good things about my old friend Doug Woodhams. I remember him as a very young postgraduate student (got his PhD at about 24 yrs – in his recent photograph in his wife’s blog he looked much more mature), very smart and very religious (it was the first time I realized that American is so UNLIKE the stereotype of Hollywood portrayal). Before Doug, I never went to the field with someone who starts his day by reading holy book. But there is always a first time, isn’t it. Feri, one of my recent students always read Al-Qur’an after the maghrib prayer in the field.

Hope the world will be better because all of you.

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jurnal Liburan Sumatera Barat Akhir Tahun 2011: Istana Pagaruyung

Jurnal Liburan Sumatera Barat Akhir Tahun 2011: Paradiso Village Cubadak Resort

PULANG: Untuk para anak di rantau